With over 21 years as a Flight Attendant starting my career with Piedmont Airlines and ending it with US Airways due to a merger in the late 80’s. I have seen the change in travel attire go through many phases. It was a time when people would dress their best to fly on an airplane because it was viewed as a luxury. After deregulation airfare became more affordable and rightfully so it supported my career and gave most a chance to experience air travel. That’s all good stuff!
Travel Attire can be chic, comfortable and keep you safe. Here are my top 5 travel attire items:
1. Breathable Fabrics: Cotton, Linen, or Wool are the safest fabrics and keep you comfortable as well. Loose fitting or just the right fit is best.
2. Choose something black…it barely shows a stain and looks chic all the time.
3. Layers. Layers, Layers…shirt, jacket, scarf, and wrap or sweater. All of theses are a must for ultimate comfort. But of course, not all at the same time. Lol
4. Comfortable Shoes: Airports are larger and getting larger. So comfortable shoes will help you get through with ease. Closed toe..Boots, sneakers, or other comfort shoe. I always carry a pair of slip- ons and extra socks for the flight.
5. Dressing for safety: You never know when you will experience turbulence and things start spilling from the beverage cart until it happens. Sleeves or something covering your arms come in handy.
20 views0 comments